Bike Touring Highlight
Bockwindmühle TönisbergThe mill stands on the Mühlenberg and has not been in operation since 1913.
In 1925, the mill was already a listed building.
During the Second World War, it served as an aerial observation post and received on the 2.3.1945 at the invasion of American troops a grenade hit. But soon after the war, it was repaired. This celebrated the Tönisberger 1949 with a party.
In 1968 the mill was dismantled by the mill-builder Johannes Vossdellen and rebuilt in 1973. The Tönisbergers also celebrated this with a mill festival during the summer fair (25 to 28 August).heimatverein-toenisberg.de/cms/front_content.php?idcat=43&lang=1
March 15, 2017
From August 1802, the mill was operated by the first miller and leaseholder, Anton Schouten, until it was thoroughly renovated for the first time from 1831 to 1832. After the box-frame windmill was originally operated by a milling company, the local civil parish took over the ownership rights by means of a transfer in 1839. In 1843 a new mill mast was first erected and repairs were carried out from 1879 to 1880.
September 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!