The National Association of the Bürgermeisterei Godesberg, in particular Brandis, encouraged the construction of this Bismarck tower on 09.07.1899.
This Bismarck tower was designed by government architect Ernst Spindler (company Erdmann & Spindler from Berlin). This took over the construction management from the end of 1901. The work was carried out at cost price by the company Theodor Wilhelm Düren from Godesberg.
The 20.40 m high observation tower with lighting option has an irregular octagonal floor plan, the west-facing entrance side and the sides in the other three directions are each 6 m long. The other four sides each have a length of 4.10 m.
The steel door leads to the inner hall of the tower (4,35 m x 4,35 m).
Via a stone spiral staircase (clockwise uphill with metal railing) with 60 steps you reach the mezzanine. Via a metal ladder with ten rungs, one ascends to the octagonal, 6.70 meter wide viewing platform through a rectangular exit, which can be closed with a metal flap.
Source: Extract bismarcktuerme.de/ebene4/nrw/bonnbadg.html
November 4, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.