Dollendorf Castle is the ruin of an old hilltop castle, which was used by the noblemen of Dollendorf, who were first mentioned in 893, until the mid-15th century. The castle was first mentioned in 1077. In the 12th century it became a Cologne fief, in the 13th century it came under the feudality of the Counts of Luxembourg and the Counts of Jülich.Because of its silhouette, which can be seen from afar, it is also called the finger of God. This name comes from the fact that half of the keep, which is over 20 meters high, remained standing. Since the castle stands on a hill, the top of this tower can be seen even from a great distance. People referred to them as God's fingers because this tower resembles a finger and soars high in the clouds. Its floor plan is still clearly visible, and some higher walls are still well preserved. Source: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burg_Dollendorf
April 26, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.