"The Hanseatic City Hall is located on the north side of Wismar's market square and was built in 1819 to plans by the Ludwigsluster master builder Georg Barca, a classicistic plaster which was built on the remains of a building built in 1319 and dates back to 1807 partly collapsed.
Today, the town hall has been extensively restored and shines again in new splendor. The function as city hall is still exercised. A permanent exhibition "Wismar - Pictures of a City" can be found in the Rathauskeller. "Source: wismarer.de/rathaus.hansestadt.wismar.htm
December 4, 2016
1817-19 built according to plans of the Schwerin Hofbaumeisters Johann Georg Barca in the classical style. Parts of the medieval predecessor building were included in the new building, such as vaulted cellar and former court gazebo (now showrooms). Inside, especially the entrance area, the staircase and the Bürgerschaftssaal on the 1st floor designed. 1990 Dachstuhlbrand, then until 1992 thorough renovation and restoration.
(Source: information board on the building)
May 1, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!