In the palm house there are also small birds running around under the plants, very nice to look at. There is also a very interesting fountain that has already been shown several times on TV (e.g. WDR Wunderschön).
A small exhibition is available in a side room.
August 9, 2019
The palm house, built from 1859 to 1861 under Johann von Sachsen as a modern cast steel construction, was then the largest greenhouse in Germany and is now one of the oldest preserved cast steel and glass buildings in Europe.  The greenhouse complex, which consists of three greenhouses attached to one another, has a total length of 93.70 meters. On 660 square meters, it now houses plants from Australia and South Africa in various hot and cold areas. The south wing with South African "Cape plants" is divided into a cold and warm area. There are palm trees in the 12 meter high and 15 meter wide central hall, the octagon. In the north wing, the Australian vegetation of the cold and warm areas is shown.
A real splendor of palms and other plants as well as camellias etc.
You can also buy some plants, such as various camellias, lemon trees, etc.
March 29, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!