The mosaic fountain was built on the occasion of the International Horticultural Exhibition of 1926 to a design by Hans Poelzig in Art Deco style. It is still at its original location near the main avenue in the southwestern part of the garden.
May 29, 2016
The mosaic fountain was built on the occasion of the International Horticultural Exhibition of 1926 according to a design by Hans Poelzig and his wife Marlene Moeschke-Poelzig in the style of Art Deco. The shape of the fountain is designed to match the surroundings, based on a plant. Three stylized flowers grow from a round fountain bowl. The entire fountain is covered with around half a million mosaic stones in the colors earth brown, gray, green, blue, orange, yellow and gold. The fountain shows an expressionistic design language with oriental influences.
April 15, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!