"St. Felizitas is a typical Westphalian, late Gothic hall church and built of light, slightly yellowish Baumberger sandstone.
The present-day St. Felicity Church was built in 1507-1558, later changes were made to the tower, the roof and the sacristy, around 1910 the side chapel on the south and the entrance hall on the north side were added. "Source: muensterland.de
January 24, 2017
Large, beautiful and impressive church in Lüdinghausen
Today's St. Felicity Church is the third in its place. On February 28, 1507 (the 2nd Sunday of Lent), the foundation stone of the choir was laid. St. Felizitas is geostet, d. H. The choir is facing east and the main portal - the tower - to the west. The tower was only begun on June 8, 1515 - the day after Corpus Christi. 43 years were worked on. It should be noted that the Anabaptist riots in Münster around 1524 let the tower rest. After these riots the further construction started very slowly. In 1558 the church was completed.
January 22, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!