Bike Touring Highlight
Founded as Trutzburg by the Bishop of Münster in the second half of the 13th century, the castle developed into the ancestral home of the Droste family in Vischering, of which the property is still the property today. The name Vischering was used for the castle but only from the second half of the 14th century. In a fire in 1521, the plant was largely destroyed. It was rebuilt until 1580 and at the same time extended in the style of the Renaissance
April 15, 2015
The moated castle on the edge of Lüdinghausen is a well-preserved castle with fortified character. The castle complex serves as a cultural center and is a great destination. A small park that invites to walk connects Burg Vischering with the nearby Burg Lüdinghausen.
July 20, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!