"Not far from this point, the Beautification Association Rüscheid erected a 10 m high observation tower in 1927. It served as an attraction for spa guests staying in Rüscheid.
At the end of the war year 1944, the tower was laid down by the V2 unit stationed here. This Wehrmacht unit was responsible for the monitoring of radio signals from the V2 rockets shot down in the Westerwald.
With the offer of new trails the idea arose to offer the locals as well as the hikers the opportunity to let their gaze wander into the distance of our Westerwald low mountain landscape through the construction of a lookout pulpit.
In good weather, the 70 km as the crow flies remote Great Feldberg in the Taunus can be seen.
Built: October 2015
Height of base: 375 m over N.N.
Client: Ortsgmeinde Rüscheid "
Source: Information board on site
March 26, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!