The water supply was originally about a kilometer long channel from the Acher and a water wheel forty meters below the courtyard. The transmission (drive) of the mill was then carried out over a 200 m long wire rope, which was connected to the drive pulley of the wheel.Due to water law constraints the wheel had to be shut down in 1922 and expanded. Subsequently, the mill was powered by an electric motor, later from about 1975 by a tractor.Further information can be found directly under koeningerhof.de
May 8, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!