Maria Hilf on the Welschenberg, a chapel built in 1652, was consecrated in 1661 as a pilgrimage church. In 1756, the church, now only a ruin, was built with magnificent interiors and a 130-foot tower. In 1811 the pilgrimage was abolished and the church closed. In the 19th century the demolition of the church and the other buildings took place. What remains is a small, open chapel in which services are occasionally held.
December 12, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!