The history of the church in Zeven begins between 1141 and 1158 at the latest. At that time, the Benedictine monastery was moved from Heeslingen to Zeven and the monastery church was built. In 1231 the relics of St. Vitus were transferred from the Corvey monastery to Zeven. This made Zeven an important place of pilgrimage. The monastery was dissolved after the end of the Thirty Years' War. So the monastery church finally became the Evangelical Lutheran parish church of Zeven. The church was supposed to be demolished in 1867, but it was saved by Conrad Wilhelm Hase, who then carried out the restoration in 1872.
June 7, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!