The Thumkulental is located on the outskirts of Wernigeröder district Hasserode right hand of the road to Drei Annen Hohne.
The Thumkuhlental was used for mining until the 18th century. Here mainly cobalt, copper, silver and lead were mined. On the natural history and geology trail, which leads past old tunnel entrances, display boards give an insight into the mining history of the Hasseröder district. There was also a water art with water wheel, field linkage and pump tower built true to the original, to which the stamp box is located.
The best starting point for a hike through the Thumkulental is the hiking car park at the Lossen Monument directly on the road to Drei Annen Hohne.
It was built in 1896 in honor of the famous Harz geologist KARL AUGUST LOSSEN. The material of the granite obelisk comes from the nearby groin cliffs. The pillars surrounding the base consist of Harzer rocks.
April 12, 2019
Here is the stamp with the number 85 for the Harzer hiking needle and the Harzer Steiger.
Great and interesting signs are here.
The parking is only about 600 meters away, but it is also the starting point for a longer route. With about 15-16 km you can collect here 5 stamps for the Harzer hiking nobility.
June 2, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.