The hammer forge, which was expanded in 1804, is driven by water power in a dreamlike setting on the Blautopf. It is even possible to take a blacksmithing course or to watch the blacksmithing.
Further information at: blautopf.de/rund-um-den-blautopf/hammerschmiede
July 8, 2018
The hammer forge was built in 1804 as a blacksmith's and weapon smithy. In 1889 it was converted into a mechanical workshop, which was in operation until 1959.
In the 1960s, the Blautopf was to become an attractive excursion destination and a hammer forge bought in the Allgäu was built into the forge building over a two-year period.
Today, the forge can be viewed in its original function and put into operation.
Palm Sunday - November 1st
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Admission: children € 1 / adults € 1.50
January 4, 2017
In 1804, the blacksmith and armorer Abraham Friedrich received approval for a hammer forge with a grinding shop from the city of Blaubeuren.
The hammer forge was operated in its original way until 1889. It was then converted into a mechanical workshop, which was functional until 1956. After that, the Blautopfhaus was only a storage room for the city of Blaubeuren.
At the beginning of the 1960s, the tradition of the Blautopfhaus was reflected and the view was to make it attractive. The search for a hammer forge found the right facility in Bad Oberdorf (Allgäu).
After the expansion of the Blautopfhaus, the hammer forge was installed in 2 years of laborious work. Since the mid-1960s it can be viewed again in its original function.
March 12, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!