Mountain Biking Highlight
"The mountain Hülser is the highest natural elevation in the city of Krefeld with 63 meters and is located about two kilometers northeast of the incorporated Hüls in 1975 in the district Traar.In publications and reports from the period before the incorporation can also be found the name" Hülser mountain in the Kempener Land ".
The Hülser Berg on Krefelder area is dominated by two other elevations, which, however, are of unnatural origin: the Kapuzinerberg (77 m) has emerged from a former municipal waste landfill of the city of Krefeld and the Inrather Berg (87 m) is the result of a former rubble dump, which among others from the rubble of the Krefeld buildings bombed during the Second World War.
- Children's playground
- trim path
- Hiking trails (into the Hülser Bruch, the Eremitenquelle and Krefelder Sprudel)
- Forest nature trail along the trails with numerous information boards around flora and fauna in general and typical of the area
- Johannesturm (30 m, 163 steps, built in 1973) with a view over the Lower Rhine and the Ruhr area.
- Near the lookout tower is the aforementioned Junkers monument.
- On the southern edge of Hülser Berg are a fallow deer, a wild boar and a deer enclosure.
- Bike station where you can rent bicycles.
- Mountain bike terrain with ramps
- Krefeld Environmental Center, extracurricular learning center for environmental education of the city of Krefeld
- Gnom-Ausstellung If you go through the forest of the Hülser Berg, you can see, if you look more closely, that in the trees small hand-carved wooden figures sit "
February 9, 2016
The Hülser Berg is undoubtedly usable for mountain bikers. Of course, everything is regulated. This is absolutely necessary when sharing with other people who do leisure time, but I can not recommend this destination, especially on Sundays and public holidays. It's just completely overrun. Regardless of this, there is always an ice cream truck there when the weather is nice. This is recommended at all times.
May 22, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!