Bike Touring Highlight
The Meyersiek mill is a water mill, which is mentioned in 1245 as "Vogedie Molen" (Voigtei mill). This term describes an administrative district and suggests that all inhabitants of the Voigtei Steyerberg had their grain grinded in this mill, so it was a so-called forced mill acted. The mill, which still exists today, was renovated in 1679 by Duke Georg Wilhelm of Brunswick-Lüneburg, which even today its coat of arms on the gable is reminiscent.
September 23, 2015
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!