Six years after the neighboring funicular went into operation, the Dresden suspension railway started operating in 1901 and has since connected the Loschwitz district with the high altitude of Oberloschwitz. The suspension railway itself is an exemplary work of German construction art. As the oldest and still the only mountain suspension railway to date, it defied time and withstood the ups and downs of history. Only minor technical adjustments were necessary over time. The suspension railway has been a listed building since 1975.
December 11, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!