The first bath museum in Bad Elster was created in 1880 under Robert Flechsig (1817–1892), Bernhard von Heygendorff (1843–1916) and the royal Saxon court photographer Emil Tietze (1840–1931). However, it did not last long and was dissolved shortly thereafter.
After the Second World War, some Elster citizens founded a new bathing museum with the cooperation of Bruno Rudau (1891-1970), which was subsequently dissolved again by politically motivated decisions.
In 1993 the Saxon Bath Museum Bad Elster was founded for the third time. Housed in the KunstWandelhalle, there is a comprehensive insight into the history of the spa industry in the Bad Elster and Bad Brambach baths.
The museum is sponsored by the Bad Elster Art Association.
In 2008 the Saxon Bath Museum Bad Elster was completely renovated and the exhibition was extensively revised and presented again.
Source and further information
January 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!