The sources of the Marienquelle were found in 1810 during the straightening of the river bed of the Weißen Elster. In the course of the redesign of today's bathing area in the mid-1930s, today's Quellenhaus was built in a central location as a fountain temple in Bad Elster, with the gold statue of a jug carrier visible on the roof of the building.
January 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!