Today's church in Waidring probably had two predecessors. During excavations carried out in the church in 1991, a cross foundation from around 1200 was found. References to burials that had already taken place here in the 8th century were also found. Waidring initially belonged to the parish of Kirchdorf and received permission from the local pastor in 1381 to celebrate worship every Sunday. From 1485 a priest lived in Waidring, but it wasn't until 1891 that Waidring became an independent parish. From 1757, the construction of today's church was considered in Waidring, since the existing one had become too small and dilapidated. The Kitzbühel master builder Kassian Singer (1712–1759) was commissioned to build a new building, but he died in 1759. The church building was completed by his foreman Andrä Hueber and consecrated in 1764.
December 21, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!