According to tradition, Boniface had planted a linden tree around 800. The medieval predecessor church, which was located near the current building, had become dilapidated and was closed in 1843. In the years 1844–1846, the current church was built under the direction of the Gotha construction council Gustav Eberhard. The high tower with its crenellated crown and pointed helmet has a Gothic character, while the church was otherwise built in the Renaissance style. In 2002 the renovation work to preserve the tower could be started, the bells were given an electric bell. During the GDR era, the brick wall was plastered, today large parts of the walls are exposed again (Wikipedia).
June 8, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.