The former homes and workshops of the Heligoland fishermen are known as lobster stalls. The colorful wooden houses with their typical gable profiles are located at the southern harbor in the lowlands of the island. They were destroyed during the Second World War, but rebuilt in 1952 by the architect Georg Wellhausen. The building complex is a listed building. The stalls were and will be awarded by the municipality by municipal council decision to applicants who appear to them to the concept of "art, culture and Knieper" suitable.
October 25, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!