Bike Touring Highlight
The fanøboers Fanø bought in 1741 free from the king. Until the municipal reform in 1970 Fanø consisted of two independent communities, Nordby and Sønderho, with their own local councils. The separation between the parishes was established in 1742 by an agreement. At the same time, "piles and a stone were built to mark the boundary between Nordby and Sønderho Strand".The stone is quite inconspicuous on the roadside next to the bike path.
September 13, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!