Bike Touring Highlight
After the renovation work, the ruins of the Stüveschacht can be viewed safely again. From the middle of the 16th century anthracite coal was mined at Piesberg and the plant flourished in the middle of the 19th century. Due to a fatal mine accident, increasing dewatering problems and a strike by the miners, the Stüve shaft system was closed in 1889 and the entire system was finally demolished except for one building. The deep shaft of the Piesberg colliery is connected to the Haseschacht by a 1.45 km long tunnel.
August 10, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.