Bike Touring Highlight
The city hall of the city Volkach am Main is representative administrative seat and landmark of the Lower Franconian city. It is located on the central market square in the middle of the old town.
A town hall in Volkach has been occupied since 1484. At that time there was a "Burgerhaus" at the bottom. This half-timbered building had become dilapidated in 1543 and the City Council was looking for a master builder. The city ruler Prince-Bishop Konrad von Bibra sent the master N. Steinmetz 1544 to Volkach. After the new location, right next to the fountain, was fixed, the demolition of the old cloth hall and the construction of the new town hall began.
October 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.