Bike Touring Highlight
The chemist and metallurgical engineer Carlos Otto founded the plant in 1872 for the production of refractory bricks, which were used in coking plants and for boiler and kiln plants. In the course of time, the production was expanded to "turnkey" coking plants and many other products related to the operation of coal mines and coking plants.The company expanded worldwide in the 1920s and 1930s, but after World War II had first to repair war damage and then build up new business fields due to the decline of the coal industry and merge and split off among other parts of the company. The plant in Dahlhausen continues to be active in the production of refractory materials.The plant is part of the Route Industriekultur: route-industriekultur.ruhr/themenrouten/29-bochum/fa-dr-c-otto.html
August 14, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!