The Belvedere Tower is beautiful, almost a little haunted. Despite the steel construction, which was subsequently increased in 1987, there is still only an unobstructed view in one direction, otherwise the trees obstruct the view. The Nenndorfer fountain director Freiherr von Hanstein-Knorr had the observation tower built on the Strutzberg between 1850 and 1852 at his own expense, which is why the tower is also called the Strutzberg tower. A number of wealthy spa guests support the construction. Hanstein-Knorr's family coat of arms with the year 1852 is attached to the outer wall of the octagonal stone tower. The schaumburg chamberlain probably served as inspiration for the Idaturm im Harrl and Wilhelmsturm in the Rehburg mountains, erected in 1847 in the neighboring Principality of Schaumburg-Lippe.
July 3, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!