The Radspitze is located on the southern edge of the Franconian Forest, on the Franconian line. The summit is made of silica slate.
On the mountain is a 20 meter high lookout tower. The Radspitz tower was built in its present form in 1955 by the Ortsgruppe Seibelsdorf of the Frankenwaldverein. Already in the middle of the 19th century there was a wooden signal on the Radspitze. The first wooden lookout tower was built in 1886, but weathered only until 1898.
May 24, 2015
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!