The Evang.-Luth. Parish Church of St. Walburg is elevated above the village Großhabersdorf in a dominant position in the walled cemetery. This impression is reinforced by the high and pointed church tower. In the Middle Ages, it was a church of the bishops of Eichstätt. In a document of the bishop Konrad it is called 1169/70 for the first time as "aecclesia nostra Hadewartesdorf". At this time, a small Romanesque church may have stood.
January 4, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!