The Schachen wasteland is located about 3 km west of Ottobeuren. The place is connected to the main town by a country road. In 1449, a dispute between the Schachenhof and the Eymühle was recorded in the files. It was about the so-called big mowing that lay between Benningen and Herbishofen. In 1479 Ludwig von Rothenstein owned Schachen. Shortly afterwards the hamlet came into the possession of the Ottobeuren monastery. There is a small electricity company in Schachen which used to supply electricity to Schachen, Brüchlins, Wolferts and Niebers. The Schachenweiher serves the local population as an excursion destination and swimming lake.
March 2, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!