Observation tower on the 1,164 meter high Hornisgrinde over 30 meters in height. Grandiose distant views of the Black Forest mountains, the Rhine valley and the Vosges. On weekends and in holiday periods in good weather with hospitality.
In holiday periods daily, otherwise Saturday, Sunday and public holiday, but only in favorable weather and good visibility from 11.00 - 16.00 clock, May - October from 10.30 - 17.00 clock.
1, - Euro per person, children up to 16 years 0,50 Euro.
January 5, 2017
At the southern end, above the Mummelsee, stands the 23 m high Hornisgrindeturm. Its construction in 1910 goes back to the initiative of the Badischer Schwarzwaldverein. The building material was used in the vicinity of standing Buntsandstein. Together with the Mummelsee the tower was one of the most popular excursion destinations of the region. In 1942 he was seized by the German Air Force. After the Second World War, the French military used it. In 2000, the Waldgenossenschaft Seebach bought back the tower from the federal government and transferred it to the municipality of Seebach in Erbpacht. On May 29, 2005, the tower was reopened to the public. He was named "Monument of the Month June 2005" by the Denkmalstiftung Baden-Württemberg. In relatively clear weather, the tower has a panoramic view of numerous mountains of the Black Forest, the Vosges Mountains, parts of the Palatinate Forest and the Swabian Alb. In very good visibility, some peaks of the Alps can be seen in the south.
October 20, 2017
The Hornisgrindeturm gives many visitors the impression that it is the legacy of an old castle. Few know that its existence goes back to the initiative of the Baden Black Forest Association under factory director Nauwerk from Oberachern. This received on 15 June 1909, the planning permission from the Grand Ducal District Office Achern. A copper plaque at the entrance to the tower commemorates its completion in 1910, stating the architect. The Hornisgrindegipfel with its beautiful lookout tower and the equally beautiful "Grindenhotel" was the most popular destination in the region until 1942 with the Mummelsee. With seizure by the German Air Force and later by the French military, the lookout tower remained closed to the public for almost 60 years. With the repurchase of the properties in 1999, the municipality Seebach and the Waldgenossenschaft Seebach again pursue the goal to develop the Hornisgrinde to the original splendor of a popular destination. This endeavor should be in harmony with the interests of nature conservation. Completed is the opening of the Hornisgrinde lookout tower in May 2005.schwarzwald-tourismus.info
October 19, 2019
Observation tower at the highest point of the Hornisgrinde with impressive foresight, weather permitting.
Opening hours tower: In holiday times daily, otherwise Saturday, Sunday and public holiday, but only in favorable weather and visibility from 11-16 clock, 01.05.-31.10 .: 10.30 - 17 clock. From May to October the bus to the tower is possible on weekends!
August 19, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!