The waterfall was already protected in the GDR as a monument of production and traffic history. It is fed by the stream with the current name "Königsfließ".
In 1876, the bottom of the sill was fixed to allow a controlled drainage. The waterfall is considered the highest in northern Germany.
Source: sign on the spot
June 10, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!