In the 13th century there were 4 water mills on the Welse from Glambeck to Görlsdorf, which belonged to the Chorin monastery. In 1375 all mills were desolate. A Glambeck miller was not mentioned again until 1556. In 1672 the mill burns down and is rebuilt in 1684 as a grinding and cutting mill. When the motorway was built in 1937, the mill was cut off from Glambeck. After that, the mill belonged to Altkünkendorf. The listed mill, which was renovated a few years ago, has belonged to the Klara Samariter Foundation since 2002. The fish ponds and buildings belonging to the mill are used for nature conservation projects in the region.
October 6, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.