A blackboard at the rest stop near the castle ruins explains the history in great detail. Here is a short excerpt: "The name Eibach appears first documented in 1352 (...) Well around the middle of the 16th century, Freiherr von Neuenhoff (...) built a noble house in Eibach, whose ruins lie before us."
The castle ruins are located in a pond, the access from the rest stop over a bridge is blocked, so that the ruin itself is not accessible, but can only be viewed from different sides across the pond. Still worth seeing!The gatehouse at the castle ruins is also worth seeing, it is lovingly decorated by the owners. Castle ruins and gatehouse are located on a farm with free-range chickens, turkeys and worth seeing "mini-chickens" in an adjacent enclosure.
November 5, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!