Bike Touring Highlight
It is the oldest bridge over the Main in Würzburg and was the only one until 1886. The first bridge was built on this site around 1120. The construction of the new version took several centuries: from 1476 to 1730, when the last sandstone figures were finally erected. Part of the bridge was blown up during World War II, but rebuilt in 1950. The bridge has been closed to motor vehicles since 1990.
March 16, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!