Bike Touring Highlight
The former grain water mill Bergedorf.
In 1208, a stately corn water mill was built on the then specially created Billestaudamm, now the Old Holstenstrasse between the church and the Serrahn weir.
It had three exposed water wheels and was damaged by fire in the French era.
In 1839 there was initially a one-story new building, which was increased in 1868 for grain storage and thereby got a grain bag lift on the road and water side. This mill worked until 1939.
Today's "half-timbered building" from 1974 is a simplified replica for use of a shop with a passage at the Kupferhof.
Gable houses No. 82 and 84 were built in 1713 as a brewery and grain distillery and together with the mill form one of the last half-timbered ensembles in Alt-Bergedorf.bergedorf-info.de/INFO/index-muehlen.html
February 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!