The former traffic route of the narrow gauge line "Stadthagen - Niederwöhren - Wiedensahl - Loccum - Leese - Stolzenau" was opened on 2 August 1921.
After the Second World War, the traffic could be operated only to Niederwöhren because of the blasted and not reconstructed canal bridge over the Mittelland Canal. The passenger traffic ended on June 6, 1961 and the freight on the section "Stadthagen - Niederwöhren" ended on September 27, 1981. On the section "Loccum - Niederwöhren" he ended on 31 July 1969 and on the leg "Loccum - Leese - Stolzenau "on May 30, 1976. In the northwestern part of the forest is still the high-pile railway embankment and this bridge over the Ils.Approximately 2.5 km down the river, at the junction between Wiedensahl and Seelhorst, Wilhelm Busch painted a "bridge over the Ils", the title of his oil painting.
November 7, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!