The baroque church was built in 1703/4 in place of the village church, which had suffered greatly during the Thirty Years War, at the behest of Count Heinrich Löser, lord of the neighboring Reinharz water castle.
The interior of the church impresses with its simple, but very closed Baroque design and features. These include the altar with the coat of arms of the Löser family in the gable, the pulpit with its tendril carving, the galleries and the Patronatsloge, which was redesigned as a winter church. Also noteworthy is the epitaph for Count Heinrich Löser (1665-1705). His marble bust is surrounded by coats of arms and allegorical figures and contains instruments of celestial observation. Löser's great interest was in astronomy. ☺️👍🏻
October 6, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.