Road Cycling Highlight
Laudenbach is a municipality in the Rhine-Neckar district in the so-called Rhine-Neckar triangle in northwest Baden-Wuerttemberg. The municipality Laudenbach except the village of the same name no other towns and is located directly on the Hessian border. 🚴♂️
In 795 Laudenbach was first mentioned in documents as "Lutenbach" in the Lorsch Codex, the documentary book of the monastery Lorsch.1232 Laudenbach was awarded the territory of the Archbishop of Mainz. In 1288 the town changed in Palatine fief, whereupon ownership disputes of the Count Palatine with the Archbishop of Mainz flared up. In 1460 the village was burnt down. In 1485 Laudenbach came under the administration of the Bishopric of Worms, but customs and central rights remained with the Palatinate. After countless disputes, the Palatinate received in 1705 again full sovereignty over Laudenbach and incorporated the place in the upper office Ladenburg. With the end of the Holy Roman Empire German nation 1803 also the Kurpfalz was dissolved. Laudenbach was then Baden and border town with main customs office to Hesse. In 1849 Laudenbach was involved in fighting between Hessian military and Baden revolutionary troops, of which even today a cannonball testifies in the old rectory.
After the Second World War Laudenbach experienced by the admission of refugees a strong population growth. For example, in the spring of 1946, about 280 displaced Hungarian Germans found a new home in Laudenbach. The community was incorporated into a part of the newly formed state of Baden-Württemberg and in the district reform in 1973 the Rhein-Neckar-Kreis. In 1995 Laudenbach celebrated the 1200th anniversary of the church. The city coat of arms is a blue and silver forked shield in front of a silver kneader knife, behind a blue grape on black vine with green leafde.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudenbach_(Bergstra%C3%9Fe)
September 18, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!