Mountain Biking Highlight
Mining in front of the Lichtenhardt
The oldest written records date back to 1754.As a mountain apprentice Hermann Stücher learned the profession of a miner on the pit Stahlberg in Müsen. From June 1899 he began in his free time with his excavations at the Lichtenhardt.
As long as he was still active in Müsen, Hermann Stücher was satisfied with a few points at different places at the Lichtenhardt. Then he became self-employed and earned in the industry as a demolition contractor the money he needed for mining in the Lichtenhardt. In 1932, with the help of the unemployed, he dumped a shaft on the Lichtenhardt well head for a small fee, which quickly reached a depth of 16 meters. The shaft became unusable due to groundwater intrusion.
Hermann Stücher first deviated another valley into the mountain 100 m down the valley, but as a result of missing pumps, he also filled up with water very quickly. Only in 1949 he dug a tunnel up to a length of 140 m in the mountain. The lowest point was 26 m below the surface. With the help of his nephew Hermann Dick (he was a miner from Castrop), they drove a transverse tunnel to below the height of today's circular route. Hermann Stücher was a miner out of passion. He did not believe in a material gain in 1961; He said that he had invested DM 60,000 in his mine so far.
Notable ores did not find Hermann Stücher. The historians will remember his name by his finds of the neolitic fragments in 1951 in memory. The citizens of Unglinghausen remains Hermann Stücher and his small mine with the name "Hermannsglück" in memory.
September 11, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.