Bike Touring Highlight
The manor of Saint-Pierre dates at least from the end of the Renaissance. Two dates have come down to us: the first, 1600, engraved on the lintel of an old door in the surrounding wall; the second, 1617, engraved on one of the dormer windows of the house with the initials of François du Mesnil and his wife Suzanne de Grosourdy. At the end of the 18th century it passed by marriage to the Frotté family, then into the hands of several noble families: the de Beaurepaires, the du Mesnil de Saint Paul, the de Saint-Hilaire, and the Béchevel.
During the Second World War, the castle, located near the Pointe du Hoc, suffered significant damage. The property recorded 212 bomb hits.
The Bleck family, after the war, became the owner, undertook major restoration work
6 days ago
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!