Mountain Biking Highlight
Already in 1647 a wooden chapel on the way between Asch and Lengenfeld is occupied. The wooden picture of grace, a pietà, which according to legend was found on the spot in a beehive and gives the pilgrimage chapel its name, dates from this period.The current chapel was built by Freyberg in 1703 and consecrated in 1722.In 1968, the robbery of the miraculous image, which was replaced in the episode by a replica. But even the robbery could not diminish the attraction of the place of pilgrimage for the surrounding parishes. Since 1963, for example, many veterans, soldiers and camaraderie teams from the neighboring counties of Landsberg am Lech and Ostallgäu are making a pilgrimage to the pilgrimage church every three years in gratitude for their happy return from the Second World War.On May 13, 2011 and thus the day exactly 43 years after their robbery, the stolen Pietà was brought back to its original place by the Augsburg Auxiliary Bishop Josef Grünwald through a miraculous and happy coincidence. For several years, the Schongau parish priest Bernhard Mooser had been involved in the return of the Pietà. In 1994, as a pastor in Asch, he received the crucial clue that ultimately led to success. [
June 23, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.