On the "Felssporn" is the chapel built in 1671, which gave the rock spur its present name "Allerheiligenberg" and which was a popular place of pilgrimage. In 1919 a monastery was added.
In the church (built 1895-1901 in memory of the fallen of the Franco-German war 1870/71) many couples can be trusted.
The monastery is now privately owned, there is a café with great panoramic views of the river Lahn as well as homemade cakes and regional food as well as a guesthouse. A nice rest stop at Rheinsteig / Lahnwanderweg.
September 22, 2019
Allerheiligenkapelle Lahnstein built 1895-1901 as a memorial for those who fell in the Franco-German War 1970/71.
Great views over the Lahn Valley to Lahneck Castle and Stolzenfels Castle.
In the adjoining former Catholic monastery (now privately owned) there is a beautiful cafe and beer garden terrace, open from Easter on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
October 2, 2020
Wonderful terrace area / refreshment stops with a dream panoramic view of the Lahn🌊 ... Lahneck Castle🏰, the environment that changes in every season ⛰🌲🌳🍃🍂We were lucky enough to get something to drink ... although there is usually only a weekend restaurant ... 🤗🤗
Very nice host 👌🏼👍🏻Hotel (B&B) available / bookableBeautiful photos doable 📸
September 23, 2021
In 1671 the chapel and the hermitage were built on the Allerheiligenberg and in 1919 they were integrated into the monastery buildings of the mission society of the Huenfeld Obladen. The neo-Gothic church was built between 1895 and 1901. From 1987 to 1989 the outdoor area with the crucifixion group and the grotto with the holy grave below were renovated. You can also enjoy the wonderful view of the Rhine and Lahn valleys.
December 21, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!