At the request of Prince-Bishop Heinrich von Bibra in 1771, the gate was relocated to its present location at the end of the Paulus Promenade. It originally stood between Stadtschloss and Hauptwache.
Its name was given to the gate after the apostle Paul. A statue of Paul is in the middle above the portal.
May 17, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!