The Eder mill is part of the mill hiking trail (path no. 61)The mill (square block with pitched roof) was built about 1540 and was in operation until about 1954.
The delivery of the grain with the ox team was very difficult on the narrow way. The grain had to be carried the last piece. During the war, the farmer's wife ground. Since the allocation of water (gutters) for a woman was very tedious, constructed a neighbor a turbine with generator, which unfortunately did not work. So the mill wheel was still driven by water.
In the cozy Mühlkammerl, millet dumplings were served to the delight of the children.
May 1, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!