The Eder mill is part of the mill hiking trail (path no. 61)The ridge tree reveals that the Gmachlmühle was built in 1742. It was in operation until about 1955. The so-called mill chamber was u.a. equipped with table, bed and oven.
The grain was brought to the mill with a team of oxen over the Wieselberg. Milled were mostly rye and wheat for bread baking. Oats were broken into cattle feed.
It could only be ground when enough water ran. The farmer often spent the night there, as it took 6-8 grindings to mill rye to rye flour and that took up to 24 hours.
April 23, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!