The Pertiller mill is part of the mill hiking trail (trail no. 61)This mill was built in 1711. It was until about 1963 in operation.
With a horse team, the grain was brought to the mill. Milled was rye and wheat for personal use (about 15 people were to supply), oats were cut to cattle feed. The mill room was equipped with a table, chest bed and oven.
The water was directed with a gutter from the so-called children's pool on the oberschlächtige water wheel, which required little water.
In autumn and winter rye and wheat flour were ground in stock.
April 23, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!