The old town hall, built in 1600. In the basement, to the right of the entrance, was the watch station for night watchmen and gangs, later also for the police, and to the left was a storage room for fire-fighting equipment. The wide staircase led to the offices and the meeting room. The house was used as the town hall until 1937 and restored in 1987. Today it is a large town house with a meeting place for senior citizens and rooms for the youth club.The wine press was added to the town hall in 1603, with a large, cantilevered roof truss and four stone archways for entrances and exits. The wine press was owned by the Benninger vineyard owners until 1881 and was equipped with four wine presses. Today it is a large community hall for the community.
January 14, 2022
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!