The old mill of the city consists of a two-storey sandstone square building from 1775, with corner pilasters, cornice and mansard roof and was first documented in 1348. Originally, the mill was equipped with a grinder plus cutting mill with 5 grinding passes. At the end of the 18th century, the mill burnt down completely and was rebuilt a year later. At the beginning of the 20th century, a turbine was installed. In 1903 the street lighting was introduced in Hoechstadt and in 1904 the miller commissioned the generation of electricity. In 1911, the second shaft turbine with 40-50 hp was installed. In 1995, the refurbishment and shutdown of the mill followed.
April 14, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!