"The medieval hill castle was built in the 13th century on the bare" bare stone "by the Counts of the Mark not far from the Ruhr crossing historic trade routes and served in addition to the defense and their control and monitoring.From the first expansion, the castle was completed in the 15th century In the following, however, the complex lost its importance and began to deteriorate - about 200 years after its expansion, it was even threatened with demolition, partly benefiting the house Kemnade and individual houses in the vicinity of building material from the castle Blankenstein A factory for yarn and factory buildings was erected in the now ruinous facility, which was acquired by the city of Bochum in 1922. It was renovated in the 1970s and today it is home to a castle restaurant. " Source: ruhrgebiet-industriekultur.de/blankenstein.html
December 8, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!